How to download and install EasyMPD
You can download and install EasyMPD to your PC Engines Alix or APU board easily by yourself. This page shows how to download and install EasyMPD.
[Buy EasyMPD license]
When you install EasyMPD in your Alix or APU board, the unique hardware number of the Alix or APU board will be automatically registered to EasyMPD server. So you can reinstall EasyMPD to the same Alix or APU board again anytime. But if you want to install EasyMPD to another new Alix or APU board you should purchase additional EasyMPD license. Please buy EasyMPD license only if you accept these terms and conditions.
Click "Buy Now" button below to buy EasyMPD via PayPal. (Now the payment is only available with PayPal.)
The email address you registered in the process of PayPal payment will be used in EasyMPD installation. Please don't forget the email address. After you finish PayPal payment you will receive a confirmation email from EasyMPD within 24 hours. After you receive the confirmation email you can go ahead to install EasyMPD. Please be patient and wait till you will receive the email.
The price of EasyMPD license is $59.00(USD).
[Requirements to install EasyMPD]
- A CompactFlash (CF) memory card for Alix and SD memory card for APU over 1GB. (Some 1GB CF or SD memory is not enough for 1GB image. Then you should use one over 2GB.)
- USB memory card reader that is compatible with CompactFlash (CF) card for Alix or SD card for APU.
- PC Engies Alix 2D2, 3D2 or 2D3 board or APU board.(It is recommended that you use 2D2 board as possible. But 3D2 and 2D3 boards are available as well.)
- EasyMPD installation image file.(easympd-en-install.img)
- You need a program to write the EasyMPD installation image file to your CF or SD card. We recommend to use "USB Image Tool".
- An internet router. Alix or APU board must be connected to this router. And Alix or APU board must be able to connect to internet through this router. If you want to use smart phone or tablet PC to control Alix you should use wireless router.
- A computer. This computer must be connected to the same internet router which Alix or APU connected to.
- Download EasyMPD installation image file(easympd-en-install.img) and save it in your computer. You should remember the folder where you save the image file to. You can download the image file here.
- Insert CF memory card or SD memory card into the card reader and plug the reader to your computer via USB.
- Download "USB Image Tool" here and decompress the ZIP file, and then run "USB Image Tool.exe" at the decompressed folder.
- When USB Image Tool opens you can find the CF or SD card reader connected to your computer in left window of USB Image Tool. (If there is no CF or SD card reader, please reconnect the CF or SD card reader and try again.) And select the CF or SD card reader shown in USB Image Tool and then click "Restore" button at bottom. When the file explorer opens you should go to find the folder where you've saved the EasyMPD installation image file (easympd-en-install.img) to. If you select the image file then USB Image Tool will start to write the image to your CF or SD card.
- After image writing is finished, remove the CF or SD card from the reader and plug CF or SD card into Alix or APU.
Before power up Alix or APU, make sure that Alix or APU must be connected to the router and Alix or APU must be able to connect to internet through the router. If Alix or APU cannot reach to internet you will fail to install EasyMPD.
If there are two or more LAN ports on Alix, LAN cable to router must be connected to the ethernet port located near to the power connector on Alix.
If you are using APU board, LAN cable to router must be connected to the ethernet port located farthest from the power connector on APU.
- Connect the power to Alix or APU board and wait until the three LEDs in front of Alix or APU are blinking at the same time.
- In your computer, open an internet web browser, enter "easympd/" in address bar at the top of web browser and hit enter. Please do not omit "/". And then EasyMPD WEB GUI will open.
(If you cannot open EasyMPD WEB GUI with this way, please go to see other ways to open EasyMPD WEB GUI.)
If you've already installed EasyMPD before and you are trying to reinstall it at the same Alix or APU, you don't need to open EasyMPD WEB GUI now and don't even need email address. The installation will automatically start and reboot at the end of installation. All you have to do is just to wait until the installation is finished and Alix or APU reboots. After Alix or APU reboots, if you open the EasyMPD WEB GUI you will find that EasyMPD is installed successfully.
- If you open EasyMPD WEB GUI successfully, you should enter the email address that you registered in process of PayPal payment and click "Install" button.
- If you enter the correct email address, your Alix or APU board will be registered to our server and the installation of EasyMPD will automatically start. When the installation starts, all three LEDs in front of Alix or APU will keep on without blinking. At the end of the installation the system will automatically reboot and then only one left LED will keep on and others will keep off during booting. Please do not plug off the power from Alix or APU to this stage. If there is a power failure, the file system of memory card can be broken.
- After a minute the three LEDs will start blinking at the same time. And after you wait more for a minute, the two LEDs at both ends will start blinking irregularly. It means that you succeed in EasyMPD installation.
Note, The unique hardware number of the Alix or APU board will be encrypted before it will be sent to our server and will be saved as encrypted. And it will be only used for you to install EasyMPD again at the same Alix or APU board and will not be used for any other use.
Go back to "Getting Started"